Lulworth Cove Inn, West Lulworth - pub details

Lulworth Cove Inn

Address: Main Road, West Lulworth, Wareham, Dorset, BH20 5RQ [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 35136) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train station Wool (4.8 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.0/10 (rated by 16 users)

Lulworth Beach Hotel, West Lulworth (0.0 miles), Castle Inn, West Lulworth (0.5 miles)

user reviews of Lulworth Cove Inn, West Lulworth

This is more like a hotel bar / restaurant type place, than a pub.

Having said that, it does have a large outdoor seating area which is a lovely sun trap.

I found the drink prices very decent, considering this is the only pub near the actual Cove. They really have a monopoly and could charge a lot more.

That's my problem with Lulworth Cove in general ... there's nothing there. No pubs, no newsagent, nothing.

The Castle Inn half a mile up the road is a much more traditional pub. However, watch out for the Castle's vastly overpriced standard pub grub.
Pat_Bateman - 14 Mar 2018 14:11
Visited here with friends after a walk with the dogs. It looks like it has been recently renovated especially the toilets which were immaculate!

I didn't have any alcohol as we were driving but there were 3 Badger Brewery ales on tap. We all ate there too and the food was excellent, good selection nicely cooked. All the staff were friendly and we were glad we found this place before driving home.

This was a very nice pub experience, I'd recommend stopping by.
wezmiester - 13 Mar 2018 17:20
Fine for a pint of orange juice and soda after a tiring walk to Durdle Door and back and the ales from Hall and Woodhouse are well above average among those peddled by the national chains. Detailed shipping maps of the glorious local coastline on the wall recall the Dolphin in Plymouth.
BoehmBawerk - 9 Jul 2017 20:33
Better than I was expecting. Guest Badger very good. Some of the food on the dear side and a bit average but the burgers seemed home made and were good value. The staff was helpful and pleasant. Really not bad at all given the location and what I was expecting.
sew - 31 Jul 2011 07:37
Staying at Lulworth for a few days my wife and I visited the Lulworth Cove inn for an evening meal.

When we walked in, the first thought was " this looks like a chips with everything place". The decor was not much to shout about - the place could do with a lick of paint. In fact it looked like the whole pub could do with sprucing up. Seats and tables were nothing special. If there had been been anywhere else to go we might have left.

HOWEVER - I bought some Firkin Fox beer and thought it was pretty good. We ordered a meal each and what turned up was very good - good quality, hot and plenty of it. The bar staff were friendly, especially the fellow from Down Under. The food was just a little expensive ( 1 over the odds), but as there was lots of it that didn't worry me too much.

I note some of the adverse comments below and can see where they might have come from. I can only judge as I find though and whilst the pub itself could look better, what it served up was fine.
ramblethenlunch - 28 Jun 2011 16:24