The Horse and Hound, Broadway - pub details

Horse and Hound
[image 2] [image 3]

Address: 54, High Street, Broadway, Worcestershire, WR12 7DT [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 8188) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

> Current user rating: 5.7/10 (rated by 12 users)

Broadway Hotel, Broadway (0.2 miles), Swan, Broadway (0.2 miles), Crown and Trumpet Inn, Broadway (0.2 miles), New Inn, Willersey (1.3 miles), Bell Inn, Willersey (1.3 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Horse and Hound, Broadway

Great pint of Old Hooky and a very decent Ploughmans. Nice enough pub, in my opinion.
Mappiman - 6 Sep 2015 18:11
We visited Broadway over new years eve with some friends. On New Years Eve we had a drink in The Swan but as it was getting busy and there was nowhere to sit we decided to look for some other pubs. The Horse & Hound looked great, a rustic pub just what we liked, and it was quiet (which should have rung alarms bells) with room to sit. We ordered a bottle of house wine, and was shocked at the £16.95 price tag. At The Swan (a far superior Pub) you can get a bottle of wine for £13.95. We thought it was expensive so asked for a wine list as sometimes landlords do give you the most expensive bottle. To be told 'There is no wine list I have what you need just say Pinot or Sauvignon'. If this is supposed to be an eating establishment you would think they would have a wine list for the tables rather than just say to customers 'we have what you want just tell me'. A 250ml glass was £5.35 for the same wine which worked out cheaper to buy a glass than a bottle. I really do think that he just plucked a price of the wine out of his head, and thought I'll make some money on these. We asked if he had any chocolate for sale to hear 'No' nothing else. So we asked if we could order a chocolate dessert to be told 'No, no desserts we have sold out of everything'. This attitude continued all through the night. You might say why didn't I leave, but as I said The Swan was packed, and all the other hotels and bars had ticket only events. So it was either the packed Swan, stay here or go back to the B&B. We just tried to make the most of the night. We chatted with the locals (lovely people) and we were polite and friendly to everyone and had a great night with them. It was just the barman/landlords attitude that spoilt the night. As midnight came we had a sing song with the locals, and as it was my husbands birthday they sang happy birthday to him. Everyone got a shot for new year, apart from us. At about 12.10pm the pub was getting empty. At 12.15pm the barman/Landlord picked our glasses up and said 'Happy New Year now F%@K OFF. We had been in since 9pm and spent a fair amount of money over the bar buying wine & sparkly and thought we would have deserved better treatment and at the very least a pleasant goodnight. I think he could do with going on a customer care course. My advise is avoid
viksmeister - 11 Jan 2015 11:34
Erm.......it was OK. See below.
LickeyEndBooze - 21 Jan 2014 17:37
Had a nice lunch here.
The guest ale was good as was the spritzer and the food.
However, there are a lot of low arm chairs and sofas in the bar area, and some of the food is served on wooden boards and wooden plates - What's all that about?
But, despite this we would definitely not be adverse to calling in again sometime.
Phantom_Pigeon - 5 Jul 2013 11:08
Did not start too well when I asked the woman behind the bar if she would be kind enough to wipe the table we were sitting at. She did it, but was not too pleased. Friendly barman though.
Had a pint of Purity's 'Mad Goose', which was one of the best beers I have ever tasted. The Flowers 'IPA' was as expected - bland.
My meal should have come with seasonal vegetables. I was presented with - tinned peas and .................that was it.
I asked Grumpy Woman if there should also be carrots or something else?
"Carrots?" she grumbled. A bowl of slimy (probably tinned) carrots banged down on the table a little later, by guess who? "Your carrots, Sir."
What was that slime - spittle? I left them.
Apart from the barman, I got the impression that the pub does not need to try and get the punters in because of a lack of competition (apart from the Crown and Trumpet) and with a lot of visitors to Broadway wanting to eat and drink.
It's funny that no matter how many hundreds of miles I travel, reviewer, gillhalfpint, has got there before me!!!
fugglehops - 3 Oct 2010 17:50