The Boot, Weymouth - pub details

Boot
[image 2] [image 3]

Address: High West Street, Weymouth, Dorset, DT4 8JH [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 6493) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Weymouth (0.7 miles), Upwey (3.3 miles)

Brewery: Ringwood

> Current user rating: 6.9/10 (rated by 147 users)

Belvedere Inn, Weymouth (0.0 miles), Rodwell, Weymouth (0.1 miles), Chapelhay Tavern, Weymouth (0.1 miles), Sailors Return, Weymouth (0.2 miles), Isobar, Weymouth (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Boot, Weymouth

A few years ago before Marston's bought Ringwood I wanted to retire and live as near as possible but whilst a good pub it has lost the spark it once had,everything seems to be a shadow of where the pub once was ,beer-not quite as good. Service-not as good. Friendly locals full of good advice-gone.Still well above average.7/10.
slerpy - 22 Jan 2017 11:19
Visited this pub recently whilst on holiday. On entering, there was nobody behind the bar. After what must have been 10 minutes a barmaid appeared and then managed to serve other customers out of turn. The ale I requested ran out so I opted for a Ringwood Best which to add insult to injury was in poor nick. Sorry to disappoint others who may have had a good experience here I won't be rushing back when next in Weymouth.

arnee1968 - 30 May 2016 20:01
Well, I reckon this pub is just about perfect and I'm certainly not a local. Chanced upon this after a rainy day visiting Portland Bill and the young lady behind the bar was really friendly and clearly enjoyed working there.

I took in some Canadian friends and they just love places like this, plenty of character, good range of beer (I was duty driver, so only one Ringwoods for me, grrrr...).

The Pork Pies were terrific value. Well presented and good quality.
OnAMission - 3 Nov 2014 22:02
When on holiday in June 2012 I visited this pub as it had been highly recommended. As a visitor, I felt very much the outsider. The lady behind the bar was more interested in joining in the banter from a large number of locals assembled there and then serving them when one or two shouted out for another pint. All the while, I stood for what must have been 5 minutes - it doesn't sound long but it is when waiting for service. I was on the point of walking out when she actually asked what I would like. The Ringwoods was very nice which I slowly consumed in the quite alcove by the end door. The beer was good but unless you happened to be a local, the service was very indifferent. I felt as if I had gatecrashed a private party.
gradav - 2 Aug 2014 17:50
Visited this Pub again last Tuesday, I know it is winter but Oh dear what has happened to this once great pub? Service was awful as was the Beer. it was early afternoon and the place was full of locals, nice open fire but on arrival no staff in sight. eventually someone emerged from the cellar saying there had been a flood and proceed to investigate why the glass washer was not emptying. Despite me holding out a £20 note he just walked past me . eventually in between clearing an empty glass from the bar and serving someone else he got around to me, unfortunately his mobile went off and he took the call before giving me my change some 5 mins later. I have praised this pub on this site before, but sorry at the moment cannot score above a 2 and that is for the Log Fire. This once famous pub is on a steep downward decline.
Bitter_Man - 6 Feb 2014 18:23