The Thimble Inn, Piddlehinton - pub details

Thimble Inn

Address: 14 High Street, Piddlehinton, Dorchester, Dorset, DT2 7TD [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 5333) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Dorchester South (5.2 miles), Dorchester West (5.2 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.8/10 (rated by 14 users)

European Inn, Piddletrenthide (0.5 miles), Piddle Inn, Piddletrenthide (1.5 miles), Poachers Inn, Piddletrenthide (1.8 miles)

user reviews of the Thimble Inn, Piddlehinton

I got the opposite impression of this place from the previous reviewer, in that the Thimble appears to focus more on food than drink. The location is idyllic with a stream running through the garden. But the interior feels fairly modern. There is a bar area at the front, with plenty more seating for diners to the rear. Toilets and the pub's well are located around the back of the bar. It's a Palmers establishment that was serving their Best Bitter, Copper Ale, Dorset Gold & Tally Ho! The cider was Dorset Orchards First Press. I believe this is a cider exclusive to Palmers' pubs, as I found it later on in a second pub. I gave it a go, as I'd never tried it before and it was reasonable. Dogs are welcomed here.
blue_scrumpy - 17 Feb 2017 08:33
Decent pub in a beautiful Dorset village. Nice choice of ales from the local Palmers brewery, with a local draught cider too.
Food is good, freshly cooked and interesting menu at reasonable prices. Good mix of locals and tourists: definitely felt like a pub and not a restaurant (a big plus in my book).
JonRambo - 2 Nov 2016 12:43
Very nice friendly landlady who gave a friendly welcome to the 20 of us "Mods" who made a suprise visit to her establishment and startled the locals.Sorry we shot off before you got your camera out.We didn't eat but found the beer and soft drinks reasonably priced and enjoyed our evening.
wurzel - 24 Apr 2015 13:26
Very nice pub, didn't try the food but it looked good. Good ale and cider, we bought a bottle of Lulworth Skipper cider to take home- very nice. Will visit again.
gongapop - 9 Aug 2010 18:05
Eaten here about a year ago, and a month or so ago. Both times the food was good, the staff pleasant, plenty of room, nice location. Not posh, but does the basics well.
featherways - 18 Nov 2009 13:26