The Seven Stars, Falmouth - pub details

Seven Stars

Address: 1, The Moor, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 3QA [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 5260) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Penmere (0.5 miles), Falmouth Town (0.7 miles), Falmouth Docks (0.9 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.6/10 (rated by 36 users)

Packet Station, Falmouth (0.0 miles), Remedies Bar, Falmouth (0.0 miles), Nancy's, Falmouth (0.0 miles), Wodehouse Arms, Falmouth (0.1 miles), Masons Arms, Falmouth (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Seven Stars, Falmouth

Its now three years since the Rev Barrington Bennetts passed away and I am very pleased to say that nothing seems to have changed at all.

The front bar still has the keyfobs dangling from the ceiling and the mobiles nailed to the walls....... and still undecorated.....

This is a gem, and a very rare,untouched wet sales led pub serving well kept beer. Long may it continue.

ridleyman - 20 Dec 2015 21:13
Finally visited - the pub interior is truly wonderful and worth the visit as a work of pub art. On the downside, the pub was incredibly (church mouse) quiet in an otherwise boisterous town midweek, and the beautifully served Bass was a bit average. Unmissable though.
mtaylor40 - 19 May 2015 23:16
I've been to Falmouth many times but have always been a bit wary of this pub, I'm not sure why maybe because the reviews on here made it sound a little rough or maybe I found the frontage strangely daunting.
How wrong could I have been !
popped in here a couple times recently. I first visited on a rainy Thursday dinnertime - the inside of the pub is like no other I've ever been into ! It's like a pub in an old mans shed in the garden and I mean that in a good way it's charmingly old fashioned. I absolutely loved it but could also see how its enchanting ricketyness might not be for some people.
There was about 10 other people in and the banter and jokes between what I assume to be the locals was good natured, humourous and I was pleased to hear without any noticeable swearing at all. Unfortunately I could only have one pint but I felt very at ease here and would've been quite happy to stay and drink meself silly !
I also visited lateish on a Tuesday night. Again there was about 10-12 people in and everyone was once again very friendly. The clientele tends to be older fellas but I did stumble on a bunch of students sat in the back room who declared it their favourite pub in Falmouth too. This pub has a lovely relaxed and easy going feel to it and it was easy to get talking to an old regular at the bar and was able to enjoy 2 of the best pints of cider I've had in Falmouth.
A wonderful pub. Please don't let the rather 'seen better days' appearance of this pub put you off. It's an experience as well as a pub.
BLACKTHORN.BRISTOL - 22 Aug 2012 16:04
Popped in next doors (Packet) as this one was closed. Bays Gold advertised @ 3.10.
Hommel - 8 Jun 2012 19:17
Visited this timeless pub last Wednesday to be greated with the news that the Rev Barrington had passed away on Christmas Eve after a long illness, his funeral was in Truro Cathdral yesterday attended by 3 bishops! The locals had left him a half of Bass on the matlepiece in the front bar. Beer was as good as ever, but there must be some doubt now as to the future of this wonderful relic from another age. After 58 years in charge Barington has called last orders!
Hodge1 - 7 Jan 2012 10:05