The Alexandra, Penzance - pub details

Alexandra

Address: Alexandra Road, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 4LY [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 4561) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train station Penzance (0.8 miles)

> Current user rating: 8.2/10 (rated by 18 users)

Bath Inn, Penzance (0.2 miles), First and Last, Penzance (0.3 miles), Pirate Inn, Alverton (0.3 miles), Navy Inn, Penzance (0.4 miles), Kasbar, Penzance (0.4 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Alexandra, Penzance

We went in while staying in Penzance on the strength of the reviews on BITE. Two hand pumps were offering beer. The pint I ordered was off. The barmaid apologised straightaway and cursed the landlord. She went to pull a pint of the other beer and it ran out. A local recommended a bottle of Doom Bar, which I had as my wife was already drinking her wine. Later the local mentioned he had been a regular for 15 years and apologised because that the pub had recently started to go down hill fast.

A shame. Hopefully some one will report later it has picked back up again. And no, the crazy golf is not finished yet...
FoamingMale - 31 May 2013 22:50
It's been my privilege to count this wonderful pub as my local for the last five months, and now I'm moving away I can honestly say that I'm going to miss it and the people there hugely.

Every single time I've been in without fail there's been a warm welcome, good drinks, fabulous banter that the locals are always happy to include visitors in (but will let people have a quiet drink if that's what they want) and in the summer, some of the best food you'll find in Penzance.

Seriously, if you're in the area visiting, pop in and soak up the 'craic at this absolutely magical pub - I've never known anywhere quite like it.
Boodler - 31 Mar 2013 11:23
Paid a visit 3 times over the weekend, what a pub, the Landlady could not do enough albeit due to the winter season she had only two ales available from Sharps and Skinners, both were in excellent condition,

If in Penzance, then this is a MUST VISIT

and its pooch friendly, with biscuists and water on tap.

PLEASE VISIT
chiefknut - 11 Feb 2013 21:12
Nice friendly pub with decent beer and good food. Wonder if the putting course is finished yet? Feel this is going to be a favourite.
kon23uk - 25 Nov 2012 13:48
Visited Penzance with my family in August, we went to a few pubs for lunch whilst on days out.
Found the Alexandra Inn to be a nice, clean and friendly pub. The staff we're chatty where as in some pubs just serve your drinks then sit back.
The food was ace, the children cleared their plates which is a first.
Will be back next time! Keep doing what your doing
lols123 - 21 Sep 2011 09:26