Piccadilly Tap, Manchester - pub details

Piccadilly Tap

Address: Station Approach, Manchester, Manchester, M1 2GH [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 44582) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Manchester Piccadilly (0.1 miles), Manchester Oxford Road (0.6 miles), Manchester Victoria (0.8 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.6/10 (rated by 7 users)

Brunswick / B Lounge, Manchester (0.1 miles), Waldorf Hotel, Manchester (0.1 miles), Reef Cafe Bar, Manchester (0.1 miles), Bulls Head, Manchester (0.1 miles), Taurus, Manchester (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Piccadilly Tap, Manchester

Ahhh, so many excellent places to go in Manchester these days. More great beer at this place. I like the clarity of the chalk boards -
Brewery - Beer - Style - ABV - £
For a station bar this is very very good.
dyyony - 3 Feb 2017 17:48
The Piccadilly Tap was my first of 7 new pubs visited in Manchester city centre on Saturday. It's on the pedestrian ramp leading up to Piccadilly station. I assume it's in a former retail premises. But I don't recall what was there previously. It's certainly a very handy place to use up any spare minutes you may have before catching a train. As described previously, the interior feels vintage/retro. There are a few tables on the ground floor and a reasonably sized drinking area outdoors at the front. A bouncer was on the door. I was expecting more real ales. But 6 still isn't bad - Redemption Trinity, Northern Monk New World IPA, Heavy Industry 77, Adnams Bitter & Cashmere IPA & Torrside Late To The Party. There are more craft ales available. The cider selection is disappointing. Feels a bit too fake for my liking. But as I say, it's handy.
blue_scrumpy - 18 Oct 2016 20:57
Made my first visit to The Tap on Wednesday, 28th October 2015, to meet up with friends arriving by train.
When I arrived at just after 1 p.m., very few people meant that the atmosphere was a bit lacking.
The place seems to me to be a bit like a cross between a 1960's coffee shop and a school canteen. Good real ale selection, listed clearly on the blackboard, but served too cold for my taste.
A handy place to meet peopleoff the train, but I wouldn't be tempted to call in otherwise.
quadrantfour - 31 Oct 2015 19:04
The interior is a bit odd with its mock retro wooden panelling and stone cladding effect (if memory serves me correctly) but I suppose that makes it a bit different to your bog standard smooth white painted walls.

The bar seems disproportionately large considering that the real ales are dispensed from what appeared to the untrained eye to be unmarked taps on the back wall. There is a good clear chalk board menu from which to make your choice.

Apparently there is an upstairs area which I did not investigate on my visit.

Ale selection very reminiscent of the nearby Port Street Beer House, although the place itself seemed to lack a bit of atmosphere somehow (despite its quirky interior).
RealAleRobUK - 29 Oct 2015 18:22
I was really looking forward to this place opening but for me it has a feel of a working mens club from the 70s not the German beer hall that is trying to impersonate. In terms of tap bars near Train stations this is characterless but in terms of beer it's very good and worth a visit if you are waiting for a late train. If you want to compare it to somewhere visit The Turnpike in Withington http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/44/44890/Turnpike/Withington
Caskales - 14 Sep 2015 07:04