Piccadilly Tap, Manchester - pub details

Piccadilly Tap

Address: Station Approach, Manchester, Manchester, M1 2GH [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 44582) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Manchester Piccadilly (0.1 miles), Manchester Oxford Road (0.6 miles), Manchester Victoria (0.8 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.4/10 (rated by 9 users)

Brunswick / B Lounge, Manchester (0.1 miles), Waldorf Hotel, Manchester (0.1 miles), Reef Cafe Bar, Manchester (0.1 miles), Bulls Head, Manchester (0.1 miles), Taurus, Manchester (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Piccadilly Tap, Manchester

Stupid queues for the toilets and even stupider queues to get served - the place can't cope couldn't be arsed and went elsewhere.
Snarling_Mallard - 1 Dec 2018 22:12
The Piccadilly Tap always makes a good meeting place if travelling through Piccadilly station. But I wouldn't say it is a destination pub. The cask and keg beer choice is good. But it just doesn't have the feeling of a proper pub. Customers always seem to be very transient. Whilst that makes grabbing a table easy, it's a strange atmosphere. Real ales on our Sunday lunchtime visit were Bristol Beer Factory Chocolate & Raspberry Stout, Titanic Mild & Plum Porter, RedWillow Shameless & Thirst Class Kiss My Ace. The cider was Lilley's Mango Cider. I'll increase my rating marginally to 7/10.
blue_scrumpy - 30 Oct 2018 21:52
Very agreeable pub with - on my visit - an interesting variety of ales and craft keg. No fewer than three dark beers on this occasion. Friendly, relaxed atmosphere and efficient service. The Bristol Beer Factory Milk Stout was excellent, as was the Koestritzer Schwartzbier. Well worth a visit. 10/10.
wobblybob - 2 Feb 2018 12:19
Ahhh, so many excellent places to go in Manchester these days. More great beer at this place. I like the clarity of the chalk boards -
Brewery - Beer - Style - ABV - £
For a station bar this is very very good.
dyyony - 3 Feb 2017 17:48
The Piccadilly Tap was my first of 7 new pubs visited in Manchester city centre on Saturday. It's on the pedestrian ramp leading up to Piccadilly station. I assume it's in a former retail premises. But I don't recall what was there previously. It's certainly a very handy place to use up any spare minutes you may have before catching a train. As described previously, the interior feels vintage/retro. There are a few tables on the ground floor and a reasonably sized drinking area outdoors at the front. A bouncer was on the door. I was expecting more real ales. But 6 still isn't bad - Redemption Trinity, Northern Monk New World IPA, Heavy Industry 77, Adnams Bitter & Cashmere IPA & Torrside Late To The Party. There are more craft ales available. The cider selection is disappointing. Feels a bit too fake for my liking. But as I say, it's handy.
blue_scrumpy - 18 Oct 2016 20:57