The Ale House, Chelmsford - pub details

Address: Viaduct Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 1TS [map] [gmap]

Nearest train station Chelmsford (0.1 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.2/10 (rated by 5 users)

Original Plough, Chelmsford (0.1 miles), Barista, Chelmsford (0.1 miles), Railway Tavern, Chelmsford (0.1 miles), Fleece, Chelmsford (0.2 miles), Lonsdale, Chelmsford (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Ale House, Chelmsford

Excellent bar under the railway station. A wide selection of cask and keg beers on offer.
zipdiskdude - 22 Jan 2018 23:44
Situated under the railway arches therefore handy for the trains.
Not the most atmospheric of pubs though it was early evening. Quite large and airy with large glass doors at one end leading to an outdoor drinking area.
The most attractive feature for me is the range of real ales. There were twelve on my recent visit plus six ciders as well! They are listed on blackboards which I have to confess I found a little hard to read. (Nothing to do with the drink I add!)
There is live music too though no'one playing on my visit.
The bar staff were a little like the shop assistants who feel they know what you're looking for even if you don't!
Overall though I would definitely visit again.
outtamehead - 12 Jul 2016 14:29
Good pub, good beer, Getting some good bands in and a nice crowd. Well worth a visit if you are in that part of Chelmsford
EssexBoy - 28 Mar 2014 16:13
Interesting location, underneath the arches. Impressive selection of well-kept ales, ciders and perry. Was somewhat empty when we visited (a Monday lunchtime), so inevitably lacked atmosphere - but I can imagine it is quite a lively beer cellar of an evening.
richythemole - 19 Feb 2014 18:15
An ok pub, cleaned my sick up in 27 mins.

Then chucked up again