Barista, Chelmsford - pub details

Address: Duke Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 1JA [map] [gmap]

Nearest train station Chelmsford (0.1 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.0/10 (rated by 6 users)

Original Plough, Chelmsford (0.1 miles), Ship, Chelmsford (0.1 miles), White Horse, Chelmsford (0.1 miles), Royal Steamer, Chelmsford (0.1 miles), Railway Tavern, Chelmsford (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Barista, Chelmsford

great place to mix it up have a few drinks, and yes i was sick again.
Staff really helpful and got me to the ambulance ok
andrewchase - 10 Feb 2014 15:47
Not my cup of tea. Drink was fine, staff were pleasant enough but something just didn't seem right about the place. I know it is in the GBBG but far better pubs in the immediate area. More of a wine bar feel to the place IMHO
ng10 - 11 Jul 2013 08:42
I call in here two or three times a week for a quick pint while waiting for the bus and only drink the real ale. The staff here all tend to be very friendly and the manager that I know does not fit the description in the review below (although I appreciate that the reviewer says he had a bad experience).

There are 3 gravity fed real ales (the barrels are in the room ABOVE, which I think has to be a fairly unique dispensing system). They change constantly and are well kept in my experience. At the time of writing this review it is £3 a pint regardless of the ABV - which is pretty decent I think.

I like the chilled ambience of this place - it's the perfect antidote to a hard day and a quick way to wind down on the way home. I have been in here on Fridays late when the crowd is much younger and the atmosphere is much more club-like. All I can say about the door staff is that they are always friendly with me. It's a shame that so many places in Chelmsford have to employ door staff. I've never personally seen in trouble in Barista, which is generally a pretty chilled kind of place.
Beer4Daddy - 2 Jun 2013 11:20
Went here last night with a female, she asked for sweet Rose wine, what she got was dry so after her having a sip and me confirming took it back to the bar, barman gave a replacement but poured the exact amount in another glass!
When I went later to get us another drink it turned into a drama, he whinged about my guest bringing the drink back, said that she had drunk half of what was a large glass(not)informed me that he was the General Manager(twat)when I asked him if he had tasted it he told me he doesn't need to taste it as he buys it, I found out he drinks lager but handled the situation completely wrong, regarding his customer relations techniques(confirmed that he was a twat)he didn't have a clue , we were not kids taking the mick but out for a quiet drink and met this twat, will not be going there again as a point was proved, if you pay peanuts you get monkeys, oh, and a twat!
BigMac1965 - 3 May 2012 08:59
Smart bar, however recently declined in popularity...was well run by Kate and her sister, now not as efficient and friendly, no drinking up time allowed...serve you a drink and 2 minutes later ask you to leave!!! doorman on 9th April was intimidating!!
staff that night were too busy dancing behind the bar! lets hope it reverts back to past glories!...
markfx10 - 17 Apr 2011 10:30