Masons Arms, Morpeth - pub details

Address: 3 Dial Place, Warkworth, Morpeth, Northumberland, NE65 0UR [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 32913) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Alnmouth (3.5 miles), Acklington (3.5 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.4/10 (rated by 5 users)

Hermitage Inn, Morpeth (0.1 miles), Dock Hotel, Amble (1.5 miles), Masons Arms, Amble (1.5 miles), Harbour Inn, Amble (1.6 miles)

user reviews of Masons Arms, Morpeth

Stayed in Warkworth recently (what a beautiful village, by the way) and came in here most days. Beer decent and a good choice of ales, though not very adventuroius. A couple of Theakston pumps rotating between Old Peculier, Lightfoot and XB, Deuchars IPA, Caledonian Flying Scotsman, and probably another I can't remember. I would have liked to see some local brews though. Food alternated between excellent and average. Speaking to a local lady it depends on which chef is on duty. I found the best food was on Fri/Sat/Sun if it helps. Excellent bar and waiting staff, all friendly and helpful.
clodsthecat - 24 Oct 2014 11:13
Decent enough pub. Nice wood burning stove to welcome you on the cold day we visited. Staff friendly, welcoming and happy to accept our dog into the bar area. Two hand pulled beers on offer and both drinkable but a bit expensive. Bar food good but again a bit pricy for what you get. If its just a drink your after, go to the Black Bull down the road where the beer is better and a lot cheaper and it is where the locals drink.
gus.gazzler - 17 Feb 2012 20:22
Good pint of Deuchars.

Staff attentive and the locals were very friendly. The food was very fussy for a pub.

Would visir again.
flagship - 25 Jul 2010 21:15
Albert, that is the funniest review I have ever read. I have nothing to say about the pub though.
mothola - 22 Sep 2009 14:43
No doubt I'm deluding myself here, but could it be that the Masons Arms read my previous review?

When we passed through Warkworth late last week, this was the only place still doing food. I was prepared to make do with the free biscuits up at our B&B but I was persuauded to go inside. Quite a different experience - the food was excellent, good value (my brother's fish was the size of a sofa) all with friendly, attentive service and an excellent pint of Deuchars. I still don't like the interior, mind.

Albert_Campion - 2 Sep 2008 13:06