The Endeavour, Whitby - pub details

Endeavour

Address: 66 Church Street, Whitby, North Yorkshire, YO22 4AS [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 31404) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Whitby (0.3 miles), Ruswarp (1.4 miles), Sleights (3 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.6/10 (rated by 25 users)

Fleece, Whitby (0.0 miles), Black Horse Vaults, Whitby (0.1 miles), White Horse and Griffin, Whitby (0.1 miles), Shambles, Whitby (0.1 miles), Dolphin, Whitby (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Endeavour, Whitby

With all 6 of the pubs in Whitby from the 2015 GBG ticked it was time to try a few of the others, first up the Endeavour.

5pm on a Thursday and there's just 2 punters in when we arrive.

On the bar are 4 hand pumps offering 3 ales and a real cider. All of the ales are from down south so with not much choice I go for a pint of Wychwood Hobgoblin. A decent enough and drinkable pint. The wife went for the draft real cider, fruity and tasty was her opinion!

Music playing at an acceptable level with a little bit of chatter from the barman & the 2 other punters.

A decent pub, good size, nicely decorated, clean toilets, good ale & don't forget the friendly pub dog named Shandy!

7/10 for me.
lezford - 4 Aug 2015 17:35
Everyone in Whitby raved about this place but I'm not sure what all the fuss was about. It was certainly full. Decent ale, bit for me worth heading across to the fleece instead.
TommyRogers1979 - 18 Apr 2015 09:46
Hes gone and some fresh people are in the process of taking this pub over.
allenegrant - 8 May 2014 13:00
Appalling, truly appalling. No wonder it's up for sale. From walking in and getting service with a snarl from the middle aged goth a like behind the bar to getting charged £9:20p for a pint and double vodka and coke. The same round at The Shambles was a whole £2 cheaper.The Black Sheep was foul. It smelt of vomit and tasted of vomit. Totally undrinkable. The entertainment was good though. The pissed up couple who were nearly shagging on the table next to us were most amusing.
mph - 5 May 2014 22:52
The landlord of this pub is rude, 5 of us called n for a drink as we always did on our way home, the eldest member of our party is 72years old, the landlord at 8.00 pm as we walked in informed us that he was closed, but then he served his locals (regulars) and asked us to leave he said he was only open to his friends, this is a public house and to discriminate who and when he serves is absolutely disgusting, I would advise anyone who goes to whitby to not go to this pub, the buck, bored, duke, black horse, and many more are very nice and welcoming, I feel that strongly towards the landlord attitude that I think I will put posters up in whitby saying the same
Loyola - 21 Apr 2014 13:09