Whitelocks, Leeds - pub details

[image 2] [image 3] [image 4]

Address: Turks Head Yard, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 6HB [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 3053) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Leeds (0.3 miles), Burley Park (1.9 miles), Headingley (2.7 miles)

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 7.2/10 (rated by 111 users)

Turks Head, Leeds (0.0 miles), Pack Horse, Leeds (0.0 miles), The Square, Leeds (0.1 miles), Hogshead, Leeds (0.1 miles), Angel Inn, Leeds (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Whitelocks, Leeds

A great old pub with a good ale selection ,but near London prices.
ALBEERT - 21 Feb 2018 14:23
I like Leeds. I like Whitelocks. There's plenty of money sluicing about in this fine, international, Remain-voting city, and understandably the good folk who run Whitelocks would perhaps like some of that.

So, the prices are what you'd expect really, especially as it's a small place, and it can be filled with relatively few customers.

I had no quibbles then, about paying the going rate for fine ales in good company, and in interesting surroundings, during an afternoon family get-together last New Year's Eve. It was quite a wheeze, seeing ourselves from a variety of jaunty angles in all the mirrors too. (Oh, how we chuckled, tsk.)

I suppose that if I'd been of the train-spotter mindset, then I could have ducked down the alleys to the other pubs off Briggate, but that was low priority on this occasion.

I see that the vitrina-painted windows still say Turks Head, and I wonder what was materially gained, by changing the name to the mouthful that is Whitelock's First City Luncheon Bar all those years ago?

Whatever, it's eight-out-of-ten, and "see you again", from your faithful reporter.
Hulots_hat - 20 Feb 2018 22:46
Nearly missed this place as it is tucked discreetly down a side alley off a main pedestrian thoroughfare in Leeds. There is a small sign pointing the way on the street and luckily the sun was managed to find it's way there as well. Lovely old-fashioned decor inside with lots of shiny metal furnishings. Seemed to be mostly patronised by students and the after-work crowd. Great selection of ales, the Ilkley beer I had was lovely. Decent selection of food - I had Fish & Chips which were fantastic.
dyyony - 27 Jul 2017 10:24
I'd hyped this pub up in my mind. So I was a little disappointed after actually visiting it. Whitelock's has a lovely location hidden away up an alleyway from Leeds' main shopping street. The ale range was good, whilst not the best in Leeds. Ales during our visit were Ilkley Mary Jane, Theakston Best & Old Peculier, Timothy Taylor Landlord, Kirkstall Pale Ale, Wishbone Ginnel, North Riding US IPA, Riverhead Black Moss Stout, Bad Seed Session IPA, Wilde Child Hedonistic Existence & Treboom Summer Gold. Ciders are Weston's Old Rosie & Rosie's Pig, along with their Country Perry. There are no toilets in the pub. I believe this is a temporary thing. But you have to head further up the alleyway to the Turk's Head. Good pub. But there's better in Leeds.
blue_scrumpy - 3 Jul 2017 18:52
I did not find this pub as delightful as previous reviewers. It is a great historic old pub, long and narrow with fantastic mirrors and tileing to the bar. Service seemed a bit short and sharp. Not a pub you would stumble across, you have to seek it out.
Worth a visit. Bad Seed Brewery- Cascade, £4.30. London prices again.
rpf1955 - 27 Jun 2016 09:22