The Change of Hart, Edgware - pub details

Change of Hart

Address: 21 High Street, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 7EE [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 29734) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest tube stations Edgeware (0.4 miles), Burnt Oak (0.8 miles), Canons Park (0.8 miles)

Nearest train stations Mill Hill Broadway (1.4 miles), Kenton (2.7 miles), Hendon (2.8 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.4/10 (rated by 11 users)

Masons Arms, Edgware (0.1 miles), Zanzibar, Edgware (0.2 miles), Three Wishes, Edgware (0.3 miles), Edgware Ex-Services Club, Edgware (0.3 miles), Edge of Town, Edgware (0.4 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Change of Hart, Edgware

Zoo
mont62y - 21 Nov 2012 15:26
Edgware's own 'Royston Vasey'. Friday nights are legendary.
poada - 5 Jul 2011 15:37
My review directly below is for the Masons Arms, please ignore.
Strongers - 22 May 2009 13:19
This place is basically what you would expect from a town centre pub that is full of plasma screens, plays loud music and has four pool tables. Even the four or five booths in the main bar section have little screens in them. There is a separate room at the back which is a bit quieter and there are a two table football games in there. There is also a small DJ box in a corner next to some tables and chairs that look like they are moved on a weekend night to unveil a wooden dance floor.

The barman was nice enough and Staropramen was available along with the usual suspects. The food seemed very cheap, but nobody was eating any during my visit.

There are some picnic tables located out the front that is separated from the busy main road junction by some railings.

I think that I will leave this place to the younger Fosters swigging crowd in future.
Strongers - 22 May 2009 13:14
I had to wait for a while at the bar in here as the barmaid served two sets of locals before me. It wasn’t her fault as she was serving in another bar at the time, but it goes to show the mentality of the regulars in this pub who new damned well I was there first.

Tetleys and Pedigree were available on my visit alongside an unused hand pump and a standard selection of draught. I opted for a Guinness, which was good, as I wasn’t that inspired by the ale choices and I spotted no others drinking them.

It is a good sized pub with a large self contained island bar with access to the upstairs. The front of the pub is quite open and has a dartboard, but the rest of the pub is more like a corridor going around the bar. There is a pool table by the side entrance that leads to some seating on the edge of the car park. They have Sky Sports and I spotted a couple of plasma screens along with a jukebox that was playing rap songs that the younger generation in the pub had put on.

I didn’t really settle in here as I thought that there was a bit of an atmosphere generated by some of the customers and I wouldn’t go back again.
Strongers - 22 May 2009 12:48