The Earl of March, Lavant - pub details

Earl of March
[image 2] [image 3] [image 4] [image 5] [image 6] [image 7] [image 8] [image 9] [image 10] [image 11] [image 12] [image 13] [image 14] [image 15] [image 16] [image 17]

Address: Lavant Road, Lavant, Chichester, West Sussex, PO18 0BQ [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 29221) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Website: theearlofmarch.com

Nearest train stations Fishbourne (2.6 miles), Chichester (2.6 miles), Bosham (3.6 miles)

> Current user rating: 5.2/10 (rated by 8 users)

Royal Oak, East Lavant (0.4 miles), Happy Medium, Chichester (1.8 miles), Bell Inn, Chichester (1.8 miles), Hope, Chichester (1.9 miles), George and Dragon Inn, Chichester (1.9 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Earl of March, Lavant

Visited the pub over Christmas with my wife and kids around 5pm and was sad to be sat near two middle aged couples in bad shirts effing and blinding. I asked them politely to stop swearing, especially as we were with our kids but was invited to go outside and sort it out with a fight. I was guaranteed it would all end wrong for me. Anyway I decided to leave without even finishing my drinks. The staff did nothing about it. The manager did nothing either, in spite of me calling later on. This pub is basically a hot spot for chav wannabees who think they are one notch above the Bognor crowd. I recommend the nearby Royal Oak for a proper Goodwood experience without the pikeys. Shame, if they got a doorman with a pair of nuts to chuck the pr1cks out I would give it a 10.
miggyo - 5 Jan 2013 22:20
...... 5.00 for a pint of San Miguel.
starquake - 23 Jul 2012 14:29
Very enjoyable visit, the nice sunny day helped as we sat outside. No complaints as far as the meals were concerned - all very good and nicely cooked/presented.

The staff were ok, friendly enough. It is fairly pricey but I thought it was well worth it as it was a nice atmosphere and the food was good.
bretty - 11 May 2010 14:39
Basically a restaurant with a pub bar, young shiny staff provide an open plan dining service experience in shiny leather and light oak surroundings - pricier than average - fish test - i.e. when i order a bass is it the fillet for 12-15 or the whole fish, alas it was the fillet - cash cow enterprise - but if you want to enjoy a beer and good food and dont care for pub pleasantries go for it. garden is welcome in summer, fairly busy road setting...
parmantom - 24 Oct 2009 14:07
We go there regularly and the food and service are excellent. Still going strong under the new management with great seasonal food including a mutton stew that was gorgeous.
Phmoo - 1 Feb 2009 20:45