The Crown Inn, Penzance - pub details

Crown Inn

Address: Victoria Square, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 2EP [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 27066) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train station Penzance (0.2 miles)

> Current user rating: 8.1/10 (rated by 26 users)

Lamp and Whistle Inn, Penzance (0.1 miles), Peruvian Arms, Penzance (0.1 miles), Toby Jug, Penzance (0.1 miles), Longboat Hotel, Penzance (0.1 miles), One and All Inn, Penzance (0.1 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Crown Inn, Penzance

I envy the locals who have this as their regular pub. It is a proper, old fashioned, locals type pub (but equally welcoming to the visitor). An unpretentious, delightful almost "frozen in time" interior. A beer tap to boot as well and I enjoyed my pint of "Causeway". Long may this pub survive as an example of the best of the British way of life.
tarkatherotter - 18 Sep 2016 10:26
Great little boozer mostly frequented by locals which can be a good sign. They had a good range of the excellent Cornish Crown beers on when the wife and I visited. I did feel the beer was, perhaps, a little too warm but the flavour was fine. An unusal pub in a town where most inns tend to be eateries.
doctorpint - 27 Aug 2016 16:25
Excellent, excellent pub. Loved their Porter and Causeway. SPA and OneHop were good too.
Great atmosphere. Strong barwomen.
If I lived in Penzance, this would be my regular.
mark555 - 15 Jun 2016 17:00
The only GBG listed pub in Penzance and. in my view, the local CAMRA branch have got it about right. Good local beers and a very pleasant atmosphere.The food offering mentioned in a previous post did not appear to be available but there was an excellent Chippy just down the road. Will definitely return next time I am in Penzance.
MrWeeto - 19 May 2016 17:21
A smashing pub, which serves its own house-brewed beer (Cornish Crown Ales) and offers a tasty-looking menu.

I've always tended to associate Penzance with classic old boozers where you'd be lucky to find anything other than Tribute, etc but this place knocks that idea on its head.

Go!