The New Harp Inn, Hoarwithy - pub details

New Harp Inn

Address: Hoarwithy, Hereford, Herefordshire, HR2 6QH [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 26048) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

> Current user rating: 7.5/10 (rated by 19 users)

Cottage of Content, Carey (1.5 miles), Plough Inn, Little Dewchurch (1.7 miles), Harewood End Inn, Harewood End (1.8 miles), Loughpool Inn, Sellack (1.9 miles)

user reviews of the New Harp Inn, Hoarwithy

We were hoping to eat here. We'd passed earlier on and confirmed that the pub was open all day. So we'd left it until later when other pubs were still closed. Food is not served until 6pm and we were just a little early for that. This is a dog friendly place which served Wye Valley Bitter. There was also a guest ale, which was Adnams Ghost Ship. Gents' toilets are outdoor at the rear.
blue_scrumpy - 30 Oct 2018 20:09
Smashing community pub with very friendly hosts, who spent some time talking with the two strangers in town.

Very decent pint of Wye Valley Bitter but its the food that will last in the memory. Home made Rabbit Pie for Mrs M and Lasagne for me. Excellent.

Visit blogged at http://mappiman.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/100318-to-zee-from-hoarwithy.html
Mappiman - 10 Mar 2018 20:19
Myself and my family canoed done the Wye this weekend and decieded to stop at the new harp inn, we had been there before about 3 years ago, and WOW the placed has changed, the new landlords Adrian & Belinda, are really putting themselves on the map, the outside was immaculate, fresh flowers and recently painted, we ordered our food and we were very happy with what we recieved, fresh food, plate filling, hot and tasty, what more can I say, The Harp was really buzzing, fantastic choice of lagers and beers plus soft drink, all served with a smile, what more could you want, I wish my local was like this. we will be back soon
MrPilot - 11 Apr 2011 16:54
I think I must have been unlucky judging from the reviews above, but when I visited (march 2011) the pub was cold, the barman uncommunicative to the point of being unfriendly, the service was incredibly slow, I was ignored by the landlord (he wasn't signed into the computer - which takes how long???) and the food poor for the money. The (grated supermarket) cheese and tomato sandwich (5.25) had no butter and consequently fell apart. If you're a local you are probably well looked after (two were served in front of me while I waited nearly 10 mins to order food).
brownowl - 8 Mar 2011 22:22
Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, pleasant decor - in fact quite contemporary, which is unexpected in a country pub.
The food was not cheap, but fairly priced for the quality. The chef was able to explain the provenance of the veg (local farm), eggs (local farm) etc and if the sea was nearer I'm sure the fish would have been locally sourced too. It was a dissapointment to find no local ale, but since all the other pubs in the area have these (and some are a bit average at best) they maybe chose on taste - I can't really complain about a pint of Timothy Taylor.
The Chef was very knowledgeable about the food and described the tastes in detail. An imposingly proportioned chap, I get the feeling that he has tried everything on the menu a good few times and it has led to perfection if the lamb I tried is anything to go by.
put_it_on_expenses - 21 Feb 2010 19:02