The Lansdown Arms, Lewes - pub details

Lansdown Arms

Address: 36, Lansdown Place, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2JU [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 23622) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Lewes (0.1 miles), Cooksbridge (2.4 miles), Glynde (2.9 miles)

> Current user rating: 6.9/10 (rated by 30 users)

Royal Oak, Lewes (0.0 miles), Crown Inn, Lewes (0.1 miles), Rights of Man, Lewes (0.1 miles), Rainbow, Lewes (0.1 miles), Lamb, Lewes (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Lansdown Arms, Lewes

Very friendly pub handy for the station (literally at the top of the station ramp) with several interesting ales.
Trev - 6 Apr 2018 22:12
It was very busy which should be a good sign, BUT the bar man was struggling. 3 or 4 beers including TT Landlord and of course Harveys Sussex. HOWEVER, as he spent the 5 minutes I was waiting to be served (and it was even longer for the person in front of me) looking down at the pump or the floor, he failed to make eye contact, failed to even acknowledge thT we were waiting and turned away to serve others that arrived after us.
First rule of bar man school, LOOK AT YOUR BAR AND YOUR CUSTOMERS.

I left and will not be going back. The licensee needs to train the staff urgently.
TonyMitch - 21 Mar 2018 19:17
First rule of bar man school, LOOK AT YOUR BAR AND YOUR CUSTOMERS.

TonyMitch - 21 Mar 2018 19:17
Packed pub of an evening while you sit and wait for Southern Rail to apologise for something and for Chris Grayling's failures to once again impact upon your life.

Beer was alright, atmosphere decent.
terenced - 13 Feb 2018 08:54
Popped in on a Friday evening while waiting for our train home, packed when we arrived with people standing outstanding enjoying the mild evening.

The selection of ales was okay, I opted for a pint of Timothy Taylor Landlord.

Music playing but not that intrusive, I still get amused that there’s a tree inside the pub!

Decent enough stop for a beer while waiting for your train.

lezford - 14 Jun 2016 11:00