The Castle Inn, St Ives - pub details

Castle Inn

Address: 16, Fore St, St Ives, Cornwall, TR26 1AB [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 20713) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations St Ives (0.2 miles), Carbis Bay (1.4 miles), Lelant (3 miles)

> Current user rating: 7.4/10 (rated by 45 users)

Beer and Bird, St Ives (0.0 miles), Firehouse Bar and Grill, St Ives (0.0 miles), Union Inn, St Ives (0.0 miles), Hub, St Ives (0.0 miles), Beach Cafe Bar, St Ives (0.0 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of the Castle Inn, St Ives

I would give this place a much higher rating as the pub is cosy and it has a great selection of ales.

But the guy behind the bar was so rude and off and just didn't want us in there so really couldn't quite relax after that.

5/10
montie49 - 31 Jul 2019 17:49
Friendly bar staff. Always changing selection of beers and ciders, a couple straight from the barrel. Always head to The Castle whenever I am in town.
normality2000 - 14 Sep 2016 14:02
Live music here frequently which is why we visited tonight. Single-roomed pub with plenty of pitch pine on the walls and ceiling giving it an atmospheric nautical feel. Real ales on offer tonight were Caledonian Autumn Red, Bombardier, Sharps Original, Sharps Special, Hobgoblin, Cottage's Blindside and Skinners Porthleven (which was good). A pub worth trying.
paul_d102 - 25 Sep 2015 23:41
With regard to my previous post about the pub being sold, I would like to set the record straight by saying that I got it wrong - the pub was never sold. One thing I DIDN'T get wrong, The Castle is STILL the best pub in St.Ives.
scoobybooze - 9 Feb 2013 15:48
I meant to post this earlier as the long term landlady confirmed to me last year that the pub wasn’t for sale at all & I’m pleased to say is still the best pub in St. Ives. Great choice of changing beers & ciders, some from the barrel, & v. friendly staff. Dog friendly as ever & if they’re good, might well get a biscuit.
rearadmiral - 18 Jan 2013 10:15