Kellys Dispensary, Liverpool - pub details

Address: 154-158 Smithdown Road, Liverpool, Merseyside, L15 3JR [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 14135) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Nearest train stations Edge Hill (1 mile), Wavertree Technology Park (1 mile), Mossley Hill (1.2 miles)

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 7.5/10 (rated by 12 users)

Willowbank, Liverpool (0.1 miles), Brookhouse, Wavertree (0.3 miles), Royal Hotel, Liverpool (0.4 miles), Dovedale Towers, Liverpool (0.6 miles), Edinburgh, Liverpool (0.7 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Kellys Dispensary, Liverpool

Passed it on the bus and it was boarded up.
shouldersarms - 16 Dec 2013 09:26
Very good pint of Cains bitter or I should say three on our first visit to the Smithdown road area. My wife tried the Merseyside Cider as the one on draught was the murky sort and she's a bit suspicious of anything that isn't crystal clear. The interior is very striking, some wonderful Victorian woodwork and old advertisements and there's even an upright piano in one room.
shouldersarms - 27 Jun 2012 11:25
Try and get here at least once a week now and never disappointed. Still have the full range of Cains beers and a couple of guests. Last week they had a Liverpool Organic beer I hadn't seen before. Can't remember what it was called though because I was distracted by the "Apple and Elderberry" from Mersey Cider. At 6.6% abv and only 2.90 a pint - mmmm!

When a friend from down south visited a few months ago we avoided all the city centre pubs we normally go to when he visits and came here instead. My friend was impressed with the place.

Clientele is a mix of locals, students and people like me who catch the 86 bus especially to come here. ;-)
mattbeer - 5 Apr 2012 00:59
After all of the "trendy" bars on Allerton Road it's welcome relief to find a proper pub like this. As well as the various Cains beers they had a couple of LocalAles when I called in yesterday including a bber from Liverpool One brewery. I went for a pint of Addlestones Cloudy cider. Bar staff are friendly and they had the tennis from Queens on the TV.

Well worth a visit.
mattbeer - 12 Jun 2011 13:12
Great selection of beers and good atmosphere. Not as nicely done out as the other cains pubs but still worth a visit
Beer_and_Cheer - 17 Feb 2009 16:40