Abbey Inn, Buckfast - pub details

[image 2] [image 3]

Address: 30 Buckfast Road, Buckfast, Devon, TQ11 0EA [map] [gmap]

Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 12673) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Cask Marque accreditation

> Current user rating: 6.5/10 (rated by 11 users)

Dartbridge, Buckfastleigh (0.5 miles), Sun Inn, Buckfastleigh (0.6 miles), Kings Arms Hotel, Buckfastleigh (0.6 miles), Globe Inn, Buckfastleigh (0.7 miles), White Hart, Buckfastleigh (0.7 miles) - see more nearby pubs

user reviews of Abbey Inn, Buckfast

St Austell pub situated just above the River Dart, which was flowing with some ferocity on Sunday afternoon. From the terrace, you can see Buckfast Abbey. Inside, there was a live band in the small bar area. There is a larger room beyond that, where a few were seeking a quieter drinking experience. But even that was too noisy. So, we took to the terrace. Ordering a drink was a particular problem, given the noise. But the ale selection was limited to Tribute, Proper Job & Abbey Best.
blue_scrumpy - 17 Mar 2020 20:59
Beer (St Austell's ) and food fine, but massively overpriced. Certainly the most expensive pub in the area. Landlord obnoxious. A place that puts pretension above quality and customer service.
Gilles - 2 May 2018 17:55
Gilles - 2 May 2018 17:55
Yes this is a great pub. Cosy on the inside and a great view of the river dart on the outside. Ale was great too.

I imagine most people don't realise that this pub is here.
Although only a few minutes from the A38 road you probably would never find it which is a great shame.

9/10
montie49 - 11 Sep 2011 10:59
I remember visiting this pub with my mate back in Auguat 2008 after a vintage train journey to Buckfastleigh and we loved it. We came in in really early and the place had just opened and the place was quiet (hence the time). The ales are immense and we had our first pint inside. My mates a smoker and we had to go outside into the beer garden and we could not believe the sceneary we saw from the outside. The pub looks right on to the river dart and the sound from the river is so relaxing you wouldn't believe it.

I hail from Glasgow and I will definately be paying this place a visit when I am back down this August. The only real gripe is it doesn't do a real traditional cider for a devon pub, but I will still give it 10/10. If your in the area you should also try the Cott Inn along the road in Dartington. That is one of the greatest pubs I have ever been in and Trevor thr barman is a real gent and the foods outstanding.

Best wishes John